Sunday, February 28, 2010

Let that Bitch Breathe!!!!!!!



Dayyyaaammmm NY, who knew yall liked baos like dat? People are upset, but I blame cows. Who told these heifers to grow only one diaphragm (skirt steak)? On friday I had 75lbs of skirt in the fridge for Saturday/Sunday (usually we only need 25lbs a day). I get a call at 1am Saturday morning from staff saying we 86'd skirt. I woke up and called mad butchers Sunday cause my purveyor was closed. No one had enough skirt. So, I got real desperate and called Duane Reade cause I know they always got diaphragms. I asked for 75 lbs. Nuttin... some old ladies and careful teens bought them out. So I had to break out my personal stash of kobe zabuton. You win, I lose.

Sorry for the waits this weekend, as many who read the blog know, I opened this spot with $300 left in my personal savings account and ZERO in the biz. This space is all I could afford. 90% of people are understanding, know the story and I thank you for your patience. When I could, I gave out cannolis, beijing peanuts, fries, etc. while people waited in line. We flipped 600 buns out of a 400 sq ft space with NO BASEMENT Saturday, you can't knock the hustle.

But, there are also a lot of people who come in now mad at me saying my space is too small and that we should have a bigger restaurant.... So, as a gold digger once told Daddy, "Buy me sumthin."

6 comments:

  1. Tell em'! I you think the man needs a bigger spot and some more skirt, I suggest someone breaks out the check book and makes an investment. If I could I would in this economy! I mean damn, you already know it's the hotness. That's why everyone is pissed they can't get theirs. Just a thought people.

    -Dadat Rey-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopped in for lunch on Sunday. As a lawyer who couldn't quite make the leap of faith you did, much respect for what you've been able to accomplish. Even despite the wait, the experience (baos, music, salt shelf crash, and all) was great. Keep up the good work. I'll definitely be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo Eddie, I remember back in the day you used to knock Jay-Z, sayin the only good album was reasonable doubt. Now that you a business man, it seems Hov is your muse. Maybe you shouldn't have knocked the hustle when you had the chance, nawmean?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn Big Mike, how you gonna put me on blast after i already put myself on blast last week! haha. i tweted that its easy to like nas and hate hov when you are on unemployment. And.... "I'm a business, man, not a business man." LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell the 10% to get bent! More baos for the faithful.

    ReplyDelete