Monday, March 1, 2010

Yelp Greatest Hits this Week

"I like that they didn't censor the music so that we ended up happily eating our baos alongside rap music saying how they are going to kill my family." - Debbie K.

"Really, before you go to Baohaus you need to have the right expectations. Imagine that the people who work there have an incredible secret ability to cook ridiculously good Baos, but only when they are completely shitfaced.

They forgot your order and made you wait forever? come on, their drunk, what did you expect?
They ran out of the meat for one of the only two meat Baos that they offer? shit, if you were 8 shots deep would you remember to cook enough meat?
They are unexpectedly closed when you wanted to eat? are you trying to kill the chefs, their livers can only handle so much!
The Baos are too expensive? Think about how much they have to spend on alcohol to stay drunk enough to keep pumping out these beauties.

You can use this excuse for everything there... the space is poorly optimized, dirty plates are piling up... you get the idea. Sure, as far as I can tell everyone there is completely sober... but thinking they aren't helps me keep my cool while I wait for suuuuper tasty Baos." - Paul B.

"Best of all, they were playing Clipse. And this 3-yr old there said to his Mom, "the man on the radio said "chameleon"!"* I guess better that he recognized that word than most of the others.

Anyway, yes, this isn't fast food - I'd say serve time is about the same as Caracas' take-out place - you should go expecting a similar experience, you know, the space is tiny so don't bring your full posse, be patient, etc.

But there is no reason for you to not eat here; you absolutely should; probably multiple times.

*"Pusha in that Bentley, G-T-Oh No
Flow chameleon, worth bout a million
Sell Bolivian, Feds in oblivion"

- Michigan Gourmet Club with an assist from Pusha-T

Nice work all around....

3 comments:

  1. I can't stop laughing at these comments LOL
    Pure comedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm behind, but finally caught the review in the NYT. I just got back from 3 years in China, and your menu made me miss really miss it again! Can't wait for my inaugural visit to Baohaus.

    ReplyDelete